Outside sales representative
St. Charles Trading Inc. is a global distributor of food ingredients, providing customers with value-added products and services, serving many industries.
We are seeking a full-time Outside Sales Representative.
We require our new employee to work in our Elgin, IL location for the initial training period of 4-8 weeks. After which, the employee is free to move to another geographic market, upon approval.
The ideal candidate will help grow the company by working with internal staff, sales representatives, and customers to improve margin, add products, and accurately and effectively deliver products to our customers. This is a fast-paced growing company in the food industry.
· Manage and improve sales transactions by analyzing costs, prices, and ability to increase order size. Monitor market trends. Negotiate and ask for orders. Meet target margin established for each transaction.
· Hunt/Research/Source potential new customers for acquisition.
· Execute a high volume of outbound calls and emails to potential customers and existing accounts, daily.
· Achieve production KPI’s and meet quotas.
· Utilize organization’s CRM to manage daily sales activities.
· Execute all data entry with urgency and accuracy.
· Provide timely, accurate, and friendly customer service to customers, and internal staff.
· Ensure customers receive their orders and paperwork accurately and on time.
· Move slow-moving inventory.
· Collect accounts receivable.
· Participate in sales promos and other efforts to grow the business.
· Identify additional services and responsibilities that can drive more growth to the company’s bottom line.
· Strong verbal and written communication skills with the ability to interact with individuals at all levels of the organization.
· Analytical, detail-oriented, methodical, efficient, and able to leverage research and data to help guide decisions.
· Strong phone presence, listening, and presentation skills.
· Able to read and analyze reports.
· Enthusiastic, positive, organized.
· Creative problem solver.
· Self-motivated and self-starter that can work with minimal guidance
· Competitive attitude
· Growth minded
Education and Experience:
· High School Diploma or GED (required); some college preferred.
· 3-5 years customer service experience in a similar role or industry (food ingredient).
· Work in a goal based, performance measured environment.
· Proficient with corporate productivity and web presentation tools.
· Experience working with HubSpot or similar CRM. To apply, send your resume to JOIN@STCHARLESTRADING.COM
St. Charles Trading is an equal opportunity employer.